BauerXcel is looking for a talented Online Editor to join the UK digital division.
They’ve got big plans for Mother & Baby, and the new Online Editor will be part of the fun, hard-working team.
You’ll be required to work closely with the Editor, Art Editor and Writers of the print team to create the very best content possible, and engage with their lovely tribe of mums through print and social media.
Are you a passionate Online Editor looking for your next challenge? Do you know your travel system from your bumprider? Can you discuss the pros and cons of baby-led weaning?
Motherandbaby.co.uk is the UK’s biggest parenting advice website, with more than 850,000 monthly users.
The Online Editor will be responsible for creating, commissioning, and editing engaging and informative content for the UK’s mums and mums-to-be, offering mums support from the moment they use the M&B Ovulation Calculator to the time their children enter preschool.
If you can commercialise evergreen content and fill the Mother & Baby Shop with bright and insightful product reviews, backed up with exciting video and infographic content, they want to hear from you!
You will visit commercial clients on a regular basis, and attend baby shows with the commercial teams, developing and enhancing important relationships with advertisers.
You need to be at ease with SEO, optimising their huge archive of content on the site; be a keen user of Google Analytics; and eager to build exciting content marketing campaigns on Engage Sciences. Sharp writing and editing skills are a must, an eye for detail, and be comfortable with HTML.
If you are a top-quality online editor, are full of ideas on how to engage with mums on social media, and keen to build long-lasting relationships with clients in the ever-growing parenting market, get in touch.
Key responsibilities include:
• Create content which meets the commercial and editorial needs of the site, including affiliate-led, social and search content
• Knowledge of the parenting market
• Strong understanding of parenting as a topic
• Maintain existing ranking articles in line with the overall content strategy
• Monitor and react to changes in search rankings
• Be data-driven, continually looking for new opportunities to increase relevant traffic
• Stay on top of market trends, including competitor activity
• Liaise with the print magazine team to maximise the opportunities for use of content
• Manage Mother and Baby’s social media channels to increase engagement with the brand
• Work closely with the commercial team, representing the editorial side of the site to clients as and when required
• Manage the editorial budget for the site in collaboration with Bauer Xcel operations
• Work closely with other brands in the portfolio to maximise any opportunities for sharing content
• Work with the Product team on requirements for developing the site in the future
• In collaboration with the Audience Development team, work on the site’s overall content strategy
Key skills required:
• experience of creating content in a lifestyle or specialist environment
• Excellent online writing and editing skills
• Good knowledge of how to create articles for search, social media and affiliate
• Proven track record of growing organic traffic through content strategy and on-page
• Working knowledge of Google Analytics
• Working knowledge of SEO auditing tools
• Experience with editorial content management systems and other tools, including social media management
• Working knowledge of social media management and analytics tools
• Ability to manage a budget
• Strong communications skills with good ability to explain insights about the site to others.
• Good communications and people management skills
• Mid-level spreadsheet skills for working with data (pivot tables, lookups, filters etc.)
If you’re interested, email a covering letter, your C.V, 2-3 examples of your work and salary expectations to Ian Betteridge: email@example.com with your name and Mother & Baby Online Editor in the subject field.
Only successful applicants will be contacted. Should you not hear back from them within 2 weeks, your application can be perceived as unsuccessful.
The deadline for applications is Sunday, 11 March.